gingerinTX

A place to keep up with the Consford family of San Augustine, Texas.

Our Lord has been so good to us.

Proverbs 16:3 "Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established."

Apr 20, 2011

Purple Splash Roses

Last summer Nannie and I went to a nursery to see some new plants and purchase a few old favorites.  While we were there we saw this climbing rose, "Purple Splash".  I loved it.  I couldn't believe it when they said they only had one of its kind.  I am sure that means that they really didn't like the outcome and didn't propagate more.  What ever the reason we bought the rose and brought it home.  My hero, Buster, always knows when something is particularly special to me.  He figures out a way to make it more special.  He built a wire cage for the rose to grow inside.



My grandson, Gilbert, helped me plant it.  The other grandson, Danny, kept special watch to make sure that it was watered.  I can still hear them tell me that there is a new bud on the rose bush.

This summer it is grand.  I can't believe it is so pretty.  To others it might not be, but to me it is wonderful.  Oh, it it isn't the cutting kind, it won't make a flower arrangement, but it is so pretty. 

It reminds me that I am loved.  Nannie purchasing it for me,  My Hero built a climbing cage for me, and my grandsons watching it grow for me all make me realize just how good God is to me every day. 

1 comment:

  1. The rose looks kinda of like a peppermint candy!! How pretty it is and special to have your sweet grandsons to help you look after it. It looks very healthy.

    ReplyDelete

"The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace. Psalm 29:11