gingerinTX

A place to keep up with the Consford family of San Augustine, Texas.

Our Lord has been so good to us.

Proverbs 16:3 "Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established."

Apr 25, 2011

Easter weekend

Church services were wonderful for Easter Sunday.  I teach a class of 3-4 grade girls.  Every Sunday we have tea while we study God's Word.  This Sunday we were teaching about the Resurrection of Jesus.  It is a shame that children think Easter is only about eggs, bunnies, and hunting eggs. 
The girls enjoy the time of fellowship and tea.
We are starting a new project for class this week. 
If they learn the Books of the Old Testament they will receive a charm for their charm bracelet.  Other things they are memorizing are:  New Testament Books, 12 Tribes, 12 Apostles,  the Judges, 10 Commandments, and the Kings.  We will add more as we go along. 
 










The girls seem to have a great time, and so do I.

2 comments:

  1. I just love love love what you're doing with your class of girls! My husband and I spent 14 years in Ft. Worth, and I taught 3rd grade girls . . . but I never thought to make my class like this.

    I found your blog through your daughter in Canada. I haven't met her, but I've heard a lot about her! My husband is the new pastor at People's BC in Kelowna. We also met your son and daughter-in-law at our former home church in Ft. Worth when we had them in for a missions conference. I've enjoyed looking at your blog, and I've subscribed to it in Google Reader so I'll always know when you've added to it.

    Again, I love what you're doing with those girls. You're a blessing to them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's me again! I wasn't sure where your town was, so I looked it up, and also noticed the link to Central Baptist Church. We know several people there. We're from the same church in Ft. Worth as Sandy and Christi Little and Johnny and Dianah Stephens. Small world, huh?!

    ReplyDelete

"The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace. Psalm 29:11