gingerinTX

A place to keep up with the Consford family of San Augustine, Texas.

Our Lord has been so good to us.

Proverbs 16:3 "Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established."

Dec 16, 2011

Christmas outfit

When Sammy Jo, our oldest granddaughter, was little I made a Christmas outfit for her.  From that outfit those granddaughters called me "Hat" for awhile.  They remembered that I made hats and bonnets for them.

The next granddaughter, Rachel Joy, wore the same outfit when she was the right size. 

The next granddaughter, Margaret Lorane, wore the same outfit when Christmas time came around and she was the right size. 

It is amazing that all three girls could wear the outfit at Christmas time.  I made the bodice with pintucks all across the front.  The skirt had a big bow in the back.  The bonnet was lined with fleece because they have such cold winters in Canada. 

What a blessing these granddaughters are to me.  I just love to make things for them.  Rachel changed from calling me "Hat" to "White Hair".  When she was little she couldn't see clearly, but she knew I had white hair.  I am so glad Rachel can see with her glasses. 

Look how they have grown:


"Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD; and the fruit of the wormb is His reward."  Ps 127:3

1 comment:

  1. What a fun post! And it IS neat that they could all wear the same dress at Christmas time. They were cute then, but oh, so very beautiful now!

    Merry Christmas, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

"The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace. Psalm 29:11