The wedding was wonderful. I wanted to make Lori's dress. I started with the dress form. We padded and pushed until we got the form to be just like Lori. Lori wanted her grandmother to crochet the trim for the dress. I didn't have time to do anything else except this dress for weeks. The dress has 200 covered buttons and 12 yards of crocheted trim.
My mother accepted the challenge to make the trim. The next week she found out that she had breast cancer. She wanted to continue the project and make this trim for the dress.
We knew what we wanted the dress to look like. So, I started designing the pattern and making the muslin mock-up.
Around the edge of everything is the trim my mom crocheted. We also had a ladies' party at church to sew three pearl beads on each little part.
You can just barely see the two rows of covered buttons coming down the dress from the waist to the hem of the train.